JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
were judged with HOT AND SOUR FISH CASSEROLE
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
Click on Image to enlarge
3 Lemon Grass Stalks
4 Cups Fish Stock, flavoured with the Prawn Heads and Shells
6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
4 Dried Chinese Mushrooms, soaked in Water and sliced.
2 to 4 tsp Thai Chili Paste
1 ½ tsp Fish Sauce
4 Red Chilies
4 Shallots, sliced on an angle about ½ inch long
Lime Juice to taste
Coriander, Basil and Mint to garnish
18 Green King Prawns (deveined and shelled) – Keep the Heads and Shells for the Stock.
200g Blue Eye Cod or similar white flesh Fish, cut into 3mm cub
Jasmine Rice or Noodles (your choice)
- Lightly fry the Heads and Shells of the Prawns in a little Peanut Oil.
- Add the Stock, the smashed Lemon Grass Stalks and the Lime Leaves.
- Allow to simmer for at least 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Strain the Stock.
- Add the Mushrooms, Chili Paste and Fish Sauce to the strained stock..
- When the Stock is just off the Boil, add the Fish and the Calamari. Stir.
- Then add the Shallots and the Prawns.
- Adjust seasoning. Add Lime Juice to taste.
- At the last moment, add the fresh Herbs.
- Spoon Fish/Seafood Mixture onto a bed of Jasmine rice or Noodles of your Choice.
- Sprinkle some of the fresh Herbs and sliced Chilies on top.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Aromatic Wines list.