JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
Medium Bodied Dry White Wines
were judged with JOHN DORY FILLETS ON PEA AND CHERVIL PUREE
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
Click on Image to enlarge
700g John Dory Fillets, skinned and all bones removed
Salt & Pepper
For Pea Puree
1 tsp Lemon Juice
¼ Cup chopped Chervil
¾ Cup Chicken Stock
2 Shallots finely chopped
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 ½ Cups frozen Peas
- Melt Butter. Add Olive Oil and Shallots. Stir well.
- Add the Peas, Lemon Juice and hot Stock.
- Bring to the boil then remove from the heat and allow the pea mixture to cool slightly.
- Puree in a blender. Add the chopped Chervil and adjust the seasoning.
- Season the John Dory Fillets. Panfry in butter until just cooked, adding the lemon juice at the very end.
- Spoon the purée in the middle of each plate.
- Place the John Dory Fillets on top of the Purée.
- Spoon the Butter and Lemon Juice from the pan over the Fish.
- Serve immediately.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Medium Bodied Dry White Wines list.