JUDGING WINES IN CONJUCTION WITH APPROPRIATE FOOD|
Dessert (Unfortified) Wines
were judged with PERSIAN LOVE CAKE
As presented by Celebrity Chef MICHAEL MANNERS
Click on Image to enlarge
360g Almond Meal
110g Raw Sugar
110g Brown Sugar
120g Unsalted Butter
¼ tsp Salt
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
250g Greek Style Yoghurt
1 tsp grated Nutmeg
65g Pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine almond meal, sugars, butter and salt in a magimix. Blitz quickly to coarse crumbs.
- Spoon half the mixture into a lightly buttered, 22cms diameter spring form baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Gently press down the crumbs to evenly cover the base.
- Mix eggs, yoghurt and nutmeg.
- Pour over the base making sure it is smooth.
- Scatter the pistachios around the edge.
- Bake until golden – 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack to room temperature
- Divide the cake into portions. Serve with extra yoghurt that has been strained for about 30 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- You can add 1 tsp of rosewater to the yoghurt.
- Some fresh dates are also a good addition to this cake.
- This cake will keep for up to a week in an airtight container.
Click to review previous Chefs’ food recipes for this Category of Wines.
Printer friendly version.View the Dessert (Unfortified) Wines list.